How the Tanning Stuff Works
1. A person must be 18 years old in 49 out of 50 states, but 19 in Nebraska or have parental consent to use tanning.
2. Members who want to tan must be in the club from the time they sign up for tanning until they tan. Once signed up for tanning appointment, you may not leave the facility or you lose your reservation. Therefore, if you do sign up and leave the facility you should expect your name to be crossed off and you will forfeit your tanning slot. But we won’t make you stay after school.
3. You can only sign yourself up for tanning. Even if you have invisible friends or hear voices in your head.
4. Please be on time for your tanning appointment. If you are more than 5 minutes late, you will lose your time slot. We run on a tight schedule and if you aren’t around we will give your slot to someone who is. They will be easy to spot. They will be the tan member.
5. Appointment times are in 30 minutes increments on the half hour. Maximum time in the tanning bed is 20 minutes. This means you have 5 minutes to get undressed and 5 minutes to clean the bed and get dressed after you tan. Chop chop.
6. Please clean the bed after you use it, as a courtesy to the other members. It is really gross to leave your sweat for the next person to clean up. Gross, gross, gross.
7. If you take someone in the tanning room with you will be banned from the gym and we will call both of your spouses. Seriously, it isn’t safe for more than one person to be in the room with tanning bulbs on.
8. Please use the bed that you are assigned. This isn’t rocket science, so we know you can find the right bed. If you can’t find the right bed, do you really think you should be driving? And who dresses you each day?
9. We must have your member number on the reservation sheet. We know you are more than a number, in fact we agree that you are the center of the universe, but we use computers and numbers are much easier to read than names. If that doesn’t happen, your name will be removed, and you will lose your tanning slot.
10. When it is time for your session, please notify one of the Front Desk Receptionists so they can set your tanning time. You must notify a member of the staff of your tanning time. We want to help you, but we are bad at watching the clock. You do not get to yell at the staff if you forgot your tanning time. If you cannot remember you scheduled a tan, do you really think that we can?
11. Due to health risks, laws, attorneys, stupid lawsuits and really stupid juries, members are allowed ONE tanning session daily. If we catch you tanning more than once per day you lose your tanning privileges for life.
PLEASE follow all the above procedures as they are meant to keep you safe and eliminate problems.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Blue Moon Fitness Staff
Failure to follow these rules may result in loss of tanning privileges, your membership, your next birthday party or all three!